Monday, May 21, 2007

The learning Federation Learning Objects

I have access to the Learning Federation Learning Objects through Tale (The Teaching and Learning Exchange) via the Departments web portal. I recently went on an inservice looking at all the various activities now available. I was blown away! Finally, quality activities we spend hours searching the web for are now in one location.

Recently, my school had an open day as part of Education Week where parents were invited to come and see samples of work from every student. On the day I had several students from various age groups showing parents 3 activities from the Learning Federation; The Foul Food Maker, Dream Machine and Wishball.

The beauty of this service is that you can search activities by stage, key learning area or subject. At times, I find it easier to type in the subject and leave the stage and KLA open and this reveals hundreds of activates to browse through.
What a find!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I found that some of the earlier learning objects were a bit amateurish, but they have improved considerably. Wishball is very popular. As you say, a very useful repository of resources.