Sunday, January 3, 2010

The start of a new Journey - ICT Integrator


Well, its been about 18 months since my last post.

I have decided to kick start my blog again as I embark on my new role as ICT Support manager. I have always been a technology geek at heart and have intergated technology, where possible, in my teaching over the last 9 years. Now, since channelling my career into an ICT integration role I felt it would be fantastic to keep track of all I learn along the way.

I start the new role on the 12th of January 2010. The school where I will be working has changed from PC to Mac. They have opted for 15 laptops per year level. To get my head around macs, my role and how I can be of use to the the school, I have thrown myself up onto the WWW to search for any material that might be of use.

I have found some great podcasts, one of which is hosted by Chris Betcher who also happened to start out as an ICT Integrator a year ago, even though his interest in technology goes further back.

http://www.virtualstaffroom.net/

Thanks to these podcasts, I have been initiated into the twitter world. Wow, what a fantastic tool. Already I have been able to link up with similar people with far more experience than me. And, from these people I can follow their links and blogs, which has so far given me a huge amount of information.

So, to repay some of the other fantastic blogs out there for all the valuable resources I have obtained from them, I will endeavour to keep this blog up to date, with all I learn on my journey to help people similar to me down the track.

No comments: